If your nonprofit has 501(c)(3) status, we may already have you listed! Please follow the steps to find it and claim your profile: https://www.every.org/nonprofits/get-started.
If you can’t find your nonprofit through the search bar (try searching by EIN too!), there are several possible reasons. For example:
- The nonprofit may operate as a fiscally sponsored project of a different 501(c)(3) nonprofit, unable to receive donations directly (in which case only the fiscal sponsor is searchable).
- If the nonprofit is a fiscally sponsored project, please reach out to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The nonprofit may be a chapter or other subsidiary under a group exemption with a parent organization (in which case only the parent organization is searchable) and it doesn't have a separate EIN. This is common for religious organizations and PTA’s for example.
- The organization may be a 501(c)(4) or a fiscally sponsored project of a 501(c)(4), which doesn't have restrictions on lobbying and we're unable to disburse to.
- The nonprofit may have a different legal name on their government filings or governing documents.
- The nonprofit may have had its tax-exempt status revoked by the IRS.
If none of the reasons above apply and you still can't find your nonprofit, please reach out to email@example.com.
For fiscally sponsored projects, we will need you to connect your fiscal sponsor's bank account for direct disbursements. The grants have to go to the fiscal sponsor bank account and the fiscal sponsor must be a US 501(c)(3) public charity.