Every.org is the first platform to enable donating cryptocurrency to support over 1 million nonprofits in the U.S. and (soon) worldwide. It's as simple as 1-2-3:
- Find the cause you want to support - search for your favorite charity, browse by cause or location, or see where and why people give on your home feed!
- Click "Donate" and follow the instructions to complete your donation through Coinbase Commerce with your Bitcoin, Ethereum, or USD Coin. For donations >$5,000, we can also accept other coins— please email [email protected].
- Receive a donation receipt as soon as we detect your transaction on the network (if you provided your name and email - you can donate anonymously too!).
Giving crypto with Every.org is also zero hassle for nonprofits — we handle the conversion into cash and disbursement at no extra cost or effort to you or the organization you support.
How do cryptocurrency donations work behind the scenes?
- Every.org uses a payments gateway powered by Coinbase Commerce to handle receiving cryptocurrency donations.
- Once we receive notification of your transfer from Coinbase, we process the donation by transferring the assets to our brokerage and selling them. This means that the amount the nonprofit receives is reduced by the current network fee for transfer as well as the fees charged by our broker (currently 1%).
- Finally, we utilize our existing disbursements infrastructure and schedule to disburse the full realized value of your assets to the nonprofit you supported.